BEST darn pancakes EVER!
Just look at them. Heaven.
You can never go wrong with pumpkin. And you can never go wrong with pancakes…
~Recipe idea from the Minimalist Baker! (Check them out if you haven’t already! 😉 Seriously.)~
3/4 c unsweetened almond milk + 1 tbsp lemon juice
1/3 c packed pumpkin puree
1 tbsp vegan butter (Earthbalance is the way to go)
3 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp maple syrup or agave
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (I admit, I didn’t have pumpkin pie spice so I used a random concoction of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and allspice equalling approximately 1 tsp)
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 c flour (unbleached)
Get to cooking:
1. Preheat Griddle to 350° F, or medium-high heat on stove-top
2. Combine milk & lemon juice in large bowl and let rest and curdle. Add butter, syrup/agave, pumpkin, brown sugar, vanilla & whisk to combine.
3. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt & spices to a sifter & sift over wet ingredients (OR if you don’t have a sifter just gently add a little bit at a time to avoid clumping!) If too thick, add another splash of milk. If too thin, add flour (Whatever consistency you desire, I like thick fluffy pancakes so I added a touch more flour. If you want a crêpe like consistency add more milk.)
4. Spray pan/griddle. Makes about 6-7 decent size fluffy delicious pancakes.
5. Top with butter & maple syrup/agave & a dash more pumpkin spice and Enjoy!