Vegan Mediterranean inspired sweet potatoes, drowned in garnish and hummus garlic sauce.
Great, easy weeknight meal that only takes about 30 minutes! A zingy combination of garlic, herbs, spices, chick peas, and sweet potatoes; you will impress yourself. All you need is sweet potatoes, spices, olive oil, lemon juice, tomatoes, chick peas, hummus, a baking sheet, foil, and perhaps a fork.
Roasted Chick peas
Tabbouleh inspired garnish
For 2, (or double for the family)
1 15 oz can chick peas
2 sweet potatoes
½ tsp cumin
½ tsp coriander
½ tsp paprika
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp olive oil + ½ tsp olive oil
pinch of sea salt
¼ c garlic hummus
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp dried dill
water to thin*
¼ c minced parsley
¼ c diced cherry tomatoes
2 tbsp lemon juice**
1) Preheat oven to 400° F
2) Scrub sweet potatoes down (you will want to eat all of it, so make sure it is clean), cut in half lengthwise and rub with ¼ tsp olive oil.
3) Drain and rinse chick peas. Mix chick peas in ½ tsp olive oil and spices (cumin, coriander, paprika, cinnamon, salt).
4) Line baking sheet in foil and place oiled potatoes face down and scatter chick peas evenly and roast for 30 min.
5) Combine all sauce ingredients, adding water if needed. You want a pour-able sauce, nothing too thick.*
6) Mince/dice parsley and tomatoes and add lemon juice.
7) Serve potatoes covered in roasted chick peas, smothered in garlic hummus sauce, and topped with parsley-tomato tabbouleh blend and devour.
** juice of ½ a lemon is approximately 1 tbsp, so you will need 2 lemons for this recipe.