Sometimes BBQ cravings happen, to the best of us. This shredded chicken, homemade BBQ sauce, sloppy sandwich with avocado mash hits that craving, hard. This simple meal is just Simple Truth frozen soy chicken strips™, homemade vegan saucy BBQ, mashed avocado with lemon juice, on a 100% whole wheat Sandwich Thins™. So simple. So delicious.
Normally we do not eat frozen products, as we prefer fresh, but these chicken strips are so versatile, and sometimes we just cannot find time to cook elaborate meals. This was one of those times. Be on the look out for homemade buns, coming soon!
Finger Lickin’ Chicken
Simple Truth frozen soy chicken strips™*
1 tbsp olive oil
Vegan BBQ sauce
2 100% whole wheat Sandwich Thins™
½ lemon, juiced
1 tsp lemon pepper
It’s that easy ladies and gents! Now, you can find vegan BBQ sauces at your local grocer, OR you can try our blend:
½ c ketchup
½ c apple cider vinegar
½ c soy sauce
¼ c molasses (organic!)**
1 tbsp ground ginger
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp dry mustard
½ tsp onion powder
½ tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
½ tsp cayenne pepper (add more for a bigger kick)
3 cloves minced garlic
1) Throw ½ of the bag of chicken strips (still frozen) in a medium pan with oil on medium heat.
2) While the chicken is browning, add all sauce ingredients together in a small sauce pan on medium heat and stir until well mixed.
3) Avocado mash- with a fork mash your avocado, juice your lemon and add lemon pepper.
4) Once chicken is browned, “shred” it with a fork into sloppy joe material.
5) Toast your bun, add your chicken, smother in desired saucy level, spread avocado mash on top. Nom.
*Simple Truth® can be found at Kroger/Ralph’s, they have a website check it out! Or try another vegan friendly chicken strip.
**We advise organic for molasses or maple syrup. Why? Sometimes manufacture’s add gelatin or other animal products to reduce foaming in these products. Seriously. Organic is always the way to go!
Enjoy this easy, delicious, sloppy sandwich and try with our upcoming homemade buns! Get saucy my friends.