Delicious easy on-the-go vegan granola bars. Dates, chocolate chips, peanut butter, and almonds make up this bar. These homemade goodies are free of all the bad preservatives of store bought bars. Great to fulfill those, “I need a snack!” emergencies!
Need: Food Processor! (or lots of patience to chop and smash dates~ which if you have ever tried is a great big pain)
1 c packed dates, pitted
¼ c agave nectar
¼ c peanut butter
1 c almonds, loosely chopped
1 ½ c rolled oats
½ c chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla
optional add-ins: dried fruit, nuts, seeds, ect.
1) Add dates to food processor and blend until only small bits remain.
2) OPTIONAL: Toast oats for 15 min. @ 350° F.*
3) In medium bowl add oats, dates, and roughly chopped almonds.
4) Warm agave, peanut butter, vanilla in saucepan over low heat. Stir and pour mixture over oat mixture. Mix thoroughly then transfer to an 8×8 dish lined with plastic wrap or parchment paper.
5) Flatten and let sit in refrigerator or freezer for 15-20 minutes. Store in airtight container for a few days or store in the fridge/freezer and eat cold (OUR FAVORITE)!
*Baking the oats gives the bars a more toasty flavor and more of a crunch.