There are two ways to make this soup, chunky or creamy. Either way it is a bean taco soup that you will love! Black beans and veggie soup topped with an irresistible avocado, lime, cilantro, tomato blend that will surely keep you coming back for more. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips.
Serves about 4.
Zesty Avocado Lime
1 tbsp olive oil
1 small yellow onion
1 celery stalk
2 cloves garlic
2 c veggie stock*
1 can black beans
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp salt & black pepper (each)
1 small tomato (we use Roma)
1 lime, juiced
1 tsp garlic salt
¼ c cilantro (there is no limit)
1) Chop onion, celery, and carrot and sauté in oil over medium heat (in large pot) until soft and golden brown. Add garlic and sauté for one minute more, not allowing garlic to brown.
2) Add veggie stock, beans, & spices, cover & reduce heat to simmer.
3) While soup is simmering it’s time to mix up the toppings- Chop the tomato and avocado in large chunks and add lime juice, garlic salt, and cilantro and stir.
4) Mash soup blend with potato masher (or fork) until about half the beans are mashed. Mixture will still be chunky. OR Remove soup from heat and allow to cool for about 10 minutes & puree with hand blender or food processor (whatever blending device you have!) until the texture is rich and creamy.
5) Dish soup into bowls and serve with dollop of avocado/tomato blend and your favorite tortilla chips!
*Can use vegetable stock or vegetable bouillon.