Vegan Cinnamon Rolls without the effort. Yes.
We haven’t posted in a while with classes starting up again, our schedules are super busy. But fear not for we have brought you SUPER delicious warm, fluffy, satisfying (no sweat) cinnamon rolls. Nobody wants to slave over breakfast treats and we have found a solution to get the goods without the work. These babies are super simple and only takes a handful of ingredients!
Soft & Fluffy
Vegan & Delicious
Although recommended for breakfast or dessert, these goodies can be enjoyed anytime of day – no judgement. Eating them all in one sitting is ill-advised… we tried and succeeded in bellyaches.
All you need is a few ingredients, a 9×9 baking dish, a microwave &/or stovetop, an oven, and an appetite.
1 pkg dry instant yeast
1/2 cup Vegan Earth balance butter, melted & divided
1 cup almond milk
1/4 tsp salt
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp oil (vegetable or canola)
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp sugar, divided
1) Heat 3 Tbsp vegan butter and almond milk on stovetop or microwave until lukewarm (bathwater). Add salt and 1 Tbsp sugar and let sit for 10 minutes.
2) Slowly add in flour to yeast/milk mixture until well mixed. Mixture will be tough to stir and needs kneading for a few minutes. Coat in oil and let sit for about an hour.
3) Lightly flour surface and roll out dough into a large thin rectangle. Coat with 3 Tbsp vegan butter, cinnamon, & sugar.
4) Roll dough into giant cinnamon burrito! Use a sharp knife or floss to cut burrito into 2 inch rolls.
5) Place rolls into 9×9 baking dish and coat with remaining vegan butter (3 Tbsp) and let sit while oven preheats to 350°F.
6) Bake cinnamon rolls for 20-25 minutes or until tops are golden brown & fills the room with delicious cinnamon goodness.
7) Make or purchase a vegan icing and drizzle or drown rolls and devour.