Black Bean Brownies you say? Okay. Let’s give it a whirl.
Decadent brownies packed with a powerful protein punch will leave you wanting more without the guilt! These vegan creations will be the talk of your next gathering.
No hassle. No fuss. Delicious dessert.
2 flax eggs (So 2 tbsp of ground flax meal + 6 tbsp of water)*
1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
3 tbsp coconut oil
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup sugar
1 ½ tsp baking powder
Optional: chocolate chips and walnuts for topping
1) Preheat oven to 350° F and grease a 12 cup muffin pan.
2) Combine flax meal and water and pulse in food processor. Let sit for a few minutes, this allows for a nice consistency and the flax to soak up the water.
3) Add remaining ingredients, besides chocolate chips and walnuts, and puree until smooth. This should take a few minutes. (Make sure you drain and rinse those beans!)
4) Scoop batter into greased muffin tin and top with chocolate chips, walnuts, or both! Pop them in the oven for 20 minutes. Ovens vary, cook until the sides start to pull away from the pan and the middle of the muffins are not liquid-y.
5) Let cool before removing from pan and enjoy!
*Flax egg= vegan baking substitute for eggs. 1 tbsp ground flax meal + 3 tbsp of water and you have an equivalent gel like liquid.